The Cezve/Ibrik Championship is just around the corner—the 2018 competition takes place from 18-22 February, at Gulfood Dubai. Competitors interested in joining the 2018 Cezve/Ibrik Championship can seek nomination from their licensed National Body, or SCA National Chapter.
In order to nominate a competitor to represent their country, the relevant National Body/Chapter must follow the rules below. All nominations should be submitted to CIC@worldcoffeeevents.org
For Competitors who have not competed in a National Cezve/Ibrik Competition for 2017, they should:
1. Have competed in a National Cezve/Ibrik Competition in the last 6 years, or competed in a SCAE National Chapter competition in the last 4 years.
2. Be nominated & approved by the WCE National Body for a country, or if no National Body representative is applicable, then the competitor should be nominated & approved by the SCA National Chapter.
3. Have a letter of recommendation from either the Chapter or National Body.
4. Only one competitor per Chapter or National Body.
5. Only one competitor per Country.
6. Licensed National Bodies/chapters are required to pay their National Champion’s reasonable travel and accommodations expenses to, from, and for the duration of the CIC. All other expenses not explicitly listed above are the sole responsibility of the competitor. The organizer shall not be liable for any competitor expenses under any circumstance.